Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mushroom Dip


As many of you know I am an Independent Epicure Selections Consultant and thus I often make dips to take along to my Tasting parties.  This is not a recipe you will find on the company website...it is a based on other mushroom dip recipes I dug up.  This is one of my fancier appetizers, it is more work than a regular Epicure dip but worth it for something a little different.

Here is my recipe:

2 Tbsp. butter
3 cups mushrooms finely chopped (I used my food processor to "chop" mine)
1 Tbsp. Epicure 3 Onion Dip Mix
1 Tbsp. Epicure Herb and Garlic Dip Mix
Saute these ingredients until most of the moisture is gone.  Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.  

In a bowl combine:  
1 8 oz. package of light cream cheese
1 tsp. Epicure Lemon Dilly Dip Mix
1 tsp. Cheese and Jalapeno Dip Mix
1/2 cup (low fat) mayo
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
a little freshly ground pepper (optional)

Add the mushroom mixture to the bowl and mix well.  Place in an oven proof dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20- 30 minutes or until heated through.  (or microwave) Stir and serve.  Enjoy with crackers or sliced baguette!  

Cheers!!
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment