Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Creamy Lime Salad Dressing

Here is a favorite salad dressing that I use whenever I make taco salad for dinner.  The lime flavor is a perfect complement to the flavors of tex-mex dishes.

When I make taco salads I make my own tortilla bowls with fresh tortillas inverted over an oven proof dish in the oven.  This way I know they aren't deep fried like most store bought varieties.  I toss romaine lettuce with the Creamy Lime Salad Dressing and put that in the tortilla bowl, top it with ground turkey taco meat with black beans, sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes, and shredded cheese.  My kids also like a little chopped cucumber in their salad bowls.  Yummy!  Guess what we are having tonight at our house!

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves (if you don't like cilantro try basil instead!)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/2 cup sour cream (low fat or fat free work fine)
1 clove garlic smashed
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper

How to make:  Blend all the ingredients except the olive oil until smooth.  While machine is running slowly drizzle in oil until it is mixed in.  Season with salt and pepper.  Toss with your favorite greens and serve.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I made it with the basil instead of cilantro last night and it was GREAT! The basil and lime flavors are great complements to each other.

    ReplyDelete